Thursday, May 2, 2013

MARCH 11, 2013

Hello family!
I can't believe its Monday again! Crazy!! First of all, I'd like to give a shout out to my sista Meg! Happy birthday tomorrow kid! I can't believe you are 12 already! Go rock Young Women's with Chloe. That is so fun!! I sent a package last week, so I hope she gets it for her big day! Love you Meg!! This week was pretty unique since starting my mission, it was Spring Break for Penn State. State College was stranded. There was pretty much no one here. It was crazy. The buses were only running half schedule because every one was gone, so we walked every where this week. I realized what "rolling hills" are, to say the very least. Last Monday we got to go with the Elders to see the Penn State wrestling facilities. Their investigator is one of the coaches and he showed us around. It was pretty cool. I'm not really into wrestling but I hear that they are the national champs, so that was cool. Next week we are invited to go play dodge ball with the wrestling team. Or "Murder ball" as they like to call it. The way it was described sounds like they might just kill us. I think I might be too sick to play, I'll just have to watch :) Jim, our recent convert, look us to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse this week. You all know how much I love that place so that was a treat. Jim did the "steak challenge" and ate a 29oz steak and was put on the "Wall of Legends". They took his picture and gave him and free shirt and everything! Jim gave me the shirt so I was pretty stoked about that too. Holla! The rest of the week we tried really hard to be diligent and we were out and about all week but with all the students gone it was a dead zone. So to say the least I am happy for a new week to get started and to find more people to teach! Some exciting news is that we have an investigator getting baptized on Friday! Tyler was the other set of sisters investigator before they left but when they got doubled out, he became our investigator. The other sisters had already set him with a date, so they did most of the work with him but we are so excited for him! Tyler is 19 and a student here at Penn State and completely wonderful. He is prepared to be the Stake President or something soon, I can tell :) I am excited for him to be baptized. He is a wonderful kid and I am grateful for the time we have to teach him. I played the piano in our branch yesterday for church and I am also the musical number for zone conference this week. I have never been more grateful for the ability I have to play the piano as I have been since coming on my mission. Its been such a blessing to be able to play at a moments notice and help bring the Spirit. Thank you mother for giving me part of your talent! I am one of the only people in my ZONE! that can play the piano. So that talent is a hot commodity. We have been doing a lot of less-active work in our branch and this week we were able to see a large result from our efforts and prayers. We are having a lot of success with our less-actives. We are teaching a few, the other sisters are teaching a few and the sacrament meeting turn out was wonderful! I know that God hears and answers our prayers and is aware of all of His children! I love being a missionary and being able to see and feel His love for all of His children. Its wonderful!! I hope you all have a wonderful week! You are all in my prayers. I love you!!
Sister Andresen

No comments:

Post a Comment