Thursday, May 2, 2013

APRIL 1, 2013: Harder week on the Mish

Oh my heck! This week has been wild! Monday after I emailed, Me and the other missionaries in the district went to an Amish farm! they are the coolest people. We had fun wearing amish bonnets and seeing how they cook and farm and stuff. Then after dinner the Sisters and I loaded up and headed to Pittsburgh for transfers! It was crazy snowy but I did a good job driving and we arrived safely. Because of the snow, all of the Sisters in our mission except the Butler sisters (Sisters Black and Kirk, my MTC companion) got to sleep in the Pittsburgh apartment! It was so fun and there was a cool Spirit with us all there. It is the last time the sisters will all be able to fit into one apartment. The next day we all woke up and had a little devotional and prayed together. Sister Carter bore her testimony and told us how much she loved us and was excited to see the work we will do here in Pennsylvania. I was so sad to see her leave. Sister Carter was such a huge answer to prayers and was a better trainer than I could have ever dreamed of. I will forever be blessed for the opportunity I had to serve with Sister Carter. Mom, have her come over and drink a frosty bev with her on your bed and talk about me. She has some fun stories :) Transfer meeting was fun. It was fun to meet all the new sisters and go to the training meeting. I got to have fun seeing Sister Kirk and eating lunch with all the sisters. When I drove away from Sister Carter I was bawling my eye balls out. I JUST LOVE HER! But I was excited for the work I had to do with Sister Smith, my new companion and greenie. After a very rough week, Sister Smith has decided to go home. Lots of fasting and praying has been going on and she just knows that this isnt where she is supposed to be. I never imagined this would be how my first week of training would end, but God sure did. I have felt prepared for some of the situations that occurred this week. Sister Smith will be flying out of State College back to California probably Wednesday and we will see what president decides to do with me. Ill probably be in a trio here in State College with the other sisters and then next transfer he will have me open a new area. I guess we will see. This week has been super long and I dont expect this coming week to be any shorter but I know that I am doing what God needs me to do. I love State College and recognize all the prayers that are being said for me. Keep them coming. I have been stretched more this week than any other week in my mission. I am becoming more and more who the Savior wants me to be. I know that God give us trials for a reason and that every thing is according to His will. I will let you know how things work out next week, but for now keep the prayers coming. I love you all and miss you a ton but have faith that I am doing what the Lord needs me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment