Sunday, January 6, 2013

DECEMBER 25, 2012: Merry Christmas from the MTC

Hello!
Because its Christmas, we get to email again! This morning we had a devotional by the one and only Elder Russel M. Nelson! It was so amazing to have an apostle of the Lord speak to us! Our district waiting for an hour and  a half outside the doors because they all thought it would be the Prophet. I couldn't feel my hands by the time we got inside. We got awesome seats, though, and I was so excited it was Elder Nelson because I know hoe much Mom loves him!! He spoke a lot about how we need to be safe and to have common sense because people want to harm us. Wild. He said how proud he was of the 19 year old sisters and 18 year old Elders and that "it only took our Prophet 30 seconds to make the announcement and the world will never be the same". How amazing is that?! We are so blessed to be living on the Earth right now! Elder Nelson asked us to let everyone know that the Church is NOT opening a mission in China. He was very matter of fact about how people keep spreading rumors in the Church about a lot of stuff, and we were to be the rumor stoppers. So there you go. No China. He said, "We do not go through the back door of countries". So go ahead and let everyone know that. :) It was an amazing talk. The Spirit was so strong! President Brown (The MTC President) spoke for a few minutes too. He said that this past Wednesday, December 19 ( the day I left) was the first group of 19 year old sister missionaries. He told us that "Your service will bless generations yet to be born". I thought that was pretty cool. I am pretty much a celebrity here. Every meeting they have the 19 year old sisters and 18 year old Elders stand up and they honor us. There are only 5 of us sisters! A lot of my teachers and branch Presidency have asked to get their pictures taken with me. Its pretty entertaining--- I like the fame! :)
Last night we got to watch "A Christmas Carol" after some missionaries did a Nativity and I totally thought it was "A Christmas Story". You can imagine my horror when I realized I wouldnt be seeing Ralphie shoot his eye out, or hear those Asians sing Jingle Bells. Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra....ra-ra-ra-ra! That was a shocker. I was excited for Christmas, but my companion was trying not to be homesick so she went to sleep early and I just was excited by myself :)
These past few days have been wonderful. I am learning quickly that I have a purpose and that the Lord needs my service, regardless of what others think their purpose is. The MTC is great and our teachers love us. The main reason we are to write today is to share our testimony of Christ with our families. I know that Christ lives. I know that He loves all of us. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the only Church with the Priesthood keys that can bring us salvation. I know that Christ atoned for our sins. I have a testimony that the Atonement can heal us and makes everything work out. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel, and translated the book of Mormon, and that it is the word of God. I know because Ive prayed to know and felt the Holy Ghost testify to me that it is truth. I know that any question we have can be answered using the Book of Mormon. I know that the Lord needs missionaries and I am trying every day to be worthy of my calling. I love the Lord so much and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to serve Him.
I LOVE ALL OF YOU! I love my family so much!! Tell Halle Jae that I love her and sing her Happy Birthday an extra time for me. I have been thinking about her all day. She has something amazing to do in this life. I love her!! Thank you for being such an awesome family. I tell stories of all the stuff we do and did, and people just laugh their heads off and want to be in on that. I love you guys!! Thank you for supporting me in this adventure!
I cant wait to hear from you!
Merry Christmas!!
Love,
Sister Andresen

No comments:

Post a Comment