Tuesday, July 30, 2013

May 27, 2013



Happy Memorial Day!!
A big congratulations to Halle this week for graduating pre-school! I cant believe how old you are getting Halle! You looked beautiful in your special graduation hat and braids! I am so proud of you! This week has been a LONG one! I am grateful for a new week! Early last week, we were able to go to Williamsport and have zone training with President Topham. He is such an amazing man and I am so grateful that President Topham is my mission president! We were informed that on June 8th, Elder David A. Bednar will be coming to speak to our mission, as well as 3 other members of the 70. Its a "Special Visit" and we are all wondering why they are coming. Rumors are flying around the mission and I love all the excitement. I have always been one who loves big news :) So if anyone has any clue, let this sweet sister know :) This week I had my first lesson with someone who had encountered "Anti" material about the church. Right when our lesson started, Martha (the investigator) kept spewing all these "quotes" from "church leaders" that were absolutely false. I kept trying to calmly correct her but she would just yell over me that "THE CHURCH SAYS SO!' or "THAT'S WHAT YOU BELIEVE!" When I could tell we weren't going anywhere, and the Spirit wasn't going to be able to teach her, I closed the lesson and prepared to leave. Martha then informed me I didn't know anything because I was a woman and told me I was a quitter and that I was never going to help a single soul because I was such a quitter. That stung for like 12 seconds, then she spewed more false doctrine on our way out the door and I got over it. It was an interesting experience to say the least. I am still wondering why she even wanted to meet with us, but it was a great learning experience for me and my companion. When we got back to the car Sister Roberts turned to me and told me she knew we needed to leave but didn't have enough courage to get out of there and was grateful I knew how to wrap it up, even if I got my feelings hurt in the process. We won't be teaching Martha again, but I am grateful I can add that lesson to a "here's what you do if...." list. This weekend I had the worst migraine of my mission to date. Friday morning I woke up and could tell that I was going to have a headache but we had a funeral to attend that afternoon and I had to lead the music, so I just tried to be brave and move on. But my head was feeling really cloudy. I laid down after the funeral but we had a baptism to attend in our district that evening, so I tried to keep going and we went to that. I probably shouldn't have gone to either of those activities looking back, but we went. When I woke up Saturday my head was on fire. I couldn't see, I felt like I was going to throw up and my feet were numb. I called Sister Topham and she told me to call the Mission Doctor. I gave him and call and he called me in some medications that knocked me right out. I slept through all of Saturday. When I woke up Sunday my head still felt weird but we headed off to church. By the end of our meetings I felt horrible so I took my medication and laid down and woke up this morning good as gold. It was a rough weekend and I feel HORRIBLE that i missed two whole days of missionary work but I am grateful that I had the help available that I needed. This week is a new week and we are planning on finding 50 million people to baptize and confirm! Keep us in your prayers, we need them!! I love you all and hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day! I can't send pictures from the computer I am using (the library is closed so we are at the church and it doesn't let you i guess) but next week I'll send some!
I love you all!
Sister Andresen

No comments:

Post a Comment